Help Centre

Help Informations

What kind of help do you need?

illustration of a telephone

Need Urgent Help or Support?

Getting Help and Support

If you are distressed or experiencing feelings of despair - get help now.

If you or anyone else is in immediate danger or harm then please call the Police or Ambulance Service on 999.

Do you need Urgent Medical or Mental Health help?

If you do then it is crucial that you contact the right person and that is most likely to be your GP. They will know where to get you the specialist help you need.

If your GP surgery is closed their answerphone will direct you to the right place or you can call NHS 24 by dialling 111

Use the NHS 24 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it is not a life threatening situation.

Need to talk?

If you want to talk to someone about how you feel, what you’re experiencing or how to deal with someone else's behaviour, you can contact our Wellbeing Advisors or a Student Counsellor, or use one of the external support services below.

Wellbeing Advisors
We have a  team of Wellbeing Advisors who can assist you. Email

Student Counsellor
You can contact our Student Counsellor by via email or by dropping into our Student Advisory Services.
Tel: 0300 600 6060 (ask for the Student Counsellor or Student Advisory Services)

Breathing Space
Breathing Space is a free, confidential phone and web based service for people in Scotland experiencing low mood, depression or anxiety. 
Tel: 0800 83 85 87

The Samaritans
The Samaritans offer a 24-hour telephone helpline. You can also contact them via email and letter.
Tel: 08457 90 90 90

Text SHOUT to 85258
Shout 85258 is a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope.

Text the word SHOUT to 85258. It's free to use from any UK mobile network.